The National County Card Scheme enables Members of Affiliated Clubs to play at other courses, both within CAGU and in all other English Counties with the exception of Suffolk, at reduced green fees.
All Men Members aged 18 and over on 1st January of Affiliated Clubs are automatically members of the scheme if their Club has agreed to act as a Host Club by offering reciprocal arrangements with all other Clubs that are members of the scheme. Members need to ask their home club for a card to be able to participate.
Women Members aged 18 and over on 1st January of Affiliated Clubs may join on-bloc if they have all contributed an annual cost of £3.00 per Woman Member. Alternatively, cards may be purchased annually by individual Women Members aged 18 and over on 1st January of Affiliated Clubs that have agreed to act as a Host Club at a cost of £15.00.
The County Card scheme now covers about 1300 clubs nationwide. The current list of participating Counties and clubs is maintained by the BB&O Golf Union (Berks, Bucks, Oxon) on behalf of all Counties. For the most up to date list of participating clubs and contact details please visit the County Card section of the BB&O website at:
Please ignore any references to charges or to App downloads as this does not apply to CAGU.
Terms and Conditions for Members
- A valid Membership Card must be shown when visiting any club in the scheme.
- County Card Members may play at least once at any of the Host Clubs on the list (some Host Clubs may allow more than one visit).
- Bookings must be made in advance with the Host Club. Restrictions on time and day of the weekmay apply. In general, bookings will not be accepted for weekends or Bank Holidays.
- County Card Members must have current handicaps and must agree to be bound by the rules ofthe Club being visited.
- The County Card may only be used for groups of up to 4 players and may not be used inconnection with larger groups or societies.
- Cards are valid from the first day of March to the last day of February for the year of issue.
Terms and Conditions for Host Clubs
- The minimum commitment required is to accept a booking of one four-ball group per week on a
day or time determined by the Club.
- The amount of the reduction in the green fees to be charged is entirely at the discretion of thehost Club.
- Clubs may sign-up to this scheme for a minimum period of one year, which will be renewedautomatically unless the Club decides to opt out of the scheme.