The County Card Scheme has been put together to enable Members of Affiliated Clubs to play at other courses – both within CAGU and many other English Counties – at reduced green fee rates.
All Men Members aged 18 and over on 1st January of Affiliated Clubs are automatically members of the scheme if their Club has agreed to act as a Host Club by offering reciprocal arrangements with all other Clubs that are members of the scheme. The cost of membership is included in the annual Affiliation Fee.
Women Members aged 18 and over on 1st January of Affiliated Clubs may join on-bloc if they have all contributed an annual cost of £3.00 per Woman Member. Alternatively cards may be purchased annually by individual Women Members aged 18 and over on 1st January of Affiliated Clubs that have agreed to act as a Host Club at a cost of £15.00. Cards are valid from the first day of March to the last day of February.
Terms and Conditions for Members
- Members aged 18 and over of Affiliated Clubs are members of the scheme and need to ask their home club for a card to be able to participate.
- County Card Members may play at least once at any of the Host Clubs on the list (some Host Clubs may allow more than one visit).
- Bookings must be made in advance with the Host Club. Restrictions on time and day of the week may apply. In general, bookings will not be accepted for weekends or Bank Holidays.
- County Card Members must have current handicaps and must agree to be bound by the rules of the Club being visited.
- The County Card may only be used for groups of up to 4 players and may not be used in connection with larger groups or societies.
- ‘County Cards’ are issued annually, which will contain details of all Clubs within the scheme.
Terms and Conditions for Host Clubs
- The minimum commitment required is to accept a booking of one four-ball group per week on a day or time determined by the Club.
- The green fee to be charged is entirely at the discretion of the host Club. Typically, the green fee will be 50% of the visitor rate, or the same as the ‘guest’ green fee.
- Clubs may sign-up to this scheme for a minimum period of one year, which will be renewed automatically unless the Club decides to opt out of the scheme
The County Card scheme now covers about 1300 clubs nationwide. The current list of participating Counties and clubs is maintained by the BB&O Golf Union (Berks, Bucks, Oxon) on behalf of all Counties. For the most up to date list of participating clubs and contact details please visit the County Card section of the BB&O website. Please ignore any references to charges as these do not apply to CAGU members.